The OSAC Activities Chart
- You should have at least one activity from each category. If you do NOT have any activities for one of the categories, certify that you have no activities for that category.
- Each activity must include:
- Category: School, Volunteer or Paid Work History
- A short title for the activity
- Frequency: One-time, seasonal, or ongoing
- Dates: Month and year of when you first began the activity
- Dates To: use 'present' if you are currently doing the activity, or enter month and year when you last did the activity
- Weekly hours: number of hours per week; give your best estimate
- A description of responsibilities and/or accomplishments associated with the activity (up to 115 characters)
- Be brief. Pinpoint activities where you showed leadership, decision-making, and organizational skills, and areas where you received special recognition.
- Limited to 20 activities.
- To add an activity to the list, click on the 'green +' button.
- To delete an activity from the list, click on the 'red -' button.
- Confirm that your Activities Chart is final.
The CIS Resume, Work History, and Activities
The Oregon CIS (Career Information Service) computer program lists information about careers, postsecondary educational training programs, and scholarships. This program is available in many high school counseling centers in Oregon and is updated annually.
- To import, click on the 'Import CIS Activities' button on the OSAC Activities Chart.
- If the import is successful, a screen will display the number of activities imported.
These are some of the differences between the CIS activity list and the OSAC Activities Chart:
- The Scholarship Application limits the activity description to 115 characters, so anything over 115 characters has been truncated. Make sure that the activity description accurately reflects the entire activity.
The Scholarship Application accepts up to 20 activities. You will not be able to submit your Scholarship App with more than 20 activities. If you have over 20 activities:
- delete the less important activities
- combine like activities (add the hours, and combine the title and description)
- The CIS Career Planning Portfolio and the OSAC Activities Chart are different formats and have different requirements. Check every entry to ensure the content is correct and the activity is in the correct category.