Scholarship Application (App) Timeline & Deadlines
- February 15, 2014 - 5pm PST: Early Bird deadline. Error-free Apps submitted by this date and time receive an early review, and will be entered into a $500 Early Bird scholarship drawing.
- March 1, 2014 - 5pm PST: Final deadline for all materials to be submitted to OSAC.
- In the event that a Scholarship Application deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline will automatically be extended to 5:00 p.m. (PST) of the following business day.
Scholarship App timeline:
- Early fall: Begin searching and selecting scholarship opportunities in the OSAC Catalog online. Return often, as new scholarships are always being added.
- First-time applicants: set up your Student Profile and begin the OSAC online Scholarship App.
- Returning applicants: refresh and update your App from the previous year.
- High school juniors may begin a "basic application" by selecting their graduation year in the online App. Juniors cannot submit their App until their year of graduation.
- November/December: The OSAC App may be submitted November through March 1. (Apps may be started and saved before this date, however must be submitted with correct and complete transcripts.)
- Update your required Activites Chart and begin drafting your Personal Statements and scholarship-specific essays.
- January: File your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Doing so will ensure you are considered for all scholarships that consider financial need.
- Finalize all areas of your App, including Activities Chart, Personal Statements, and essays.
- February: Submit your Early Bird App for a priority review, and a $500 scholarship drawing entry, or a chance to make corrections.
- March 1: Final deadline for App submission.
- April: Begin tracking awarded scholarships - through August.