Scholarship Application (App) Timeline & Deadlines
- February 15 - 5pm PST each year: Early Bird deadline. Complete applications (including transcripts) submitted by this date and time receive an early review, and error-free Apps will be entered into a drawing for one of several $1,000 Early Bird scholarship awards.
- March 1 - 5pm PST each year: Final deadline for all materials to be submitted to OSAC.
- In the event that a Scholarship Application deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline will automatically be extended to 5:00 p.m. (PST) of the following business day.
Scholarship App timeline:
- Early fall: Begin searching and selecting scholarship opportunities in the OSAC Catalog online. Return often, as new scholarships are always being added.
- First-time applicants: register for your OSAC account and begin the OSAC Scholarship App Online.
- Returning applicants: refresh and update your App from the previous year.
- High school juniors may begin a "basic application" by selecting their graduation year in the online App. Juniors cannot submit their App until their year of graduation.
- October: File your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.ed.gov as soon as possible, beginning October 1. Doing so will ensure you are considered for all scholarships that consider financial need.
- November/December: The OSAC App may be submitted November through March 1. (Apps may be started and saved before this date, however must be submitted with correct and complete transcripts.)
- Update your required Activites Chart and begin drafting your Personal Statements and scholarship-specific essays.
- Finalize all areas of your App, including Activities Chart, Personal Statements, and essays.
- February: Submit your Early Bird App for a guaranteed priority review, chance to make corrections, and entry into a $1000 scholarships drawing for error-free Apps.
- March 1: Final deadline for App submission.
- April: Begin tracking awarded scholarships - through August.