Scholarship Application (App) Timeline & Deadlines
- February 15, 2015 - 5pm PST: Early Bird deadline. Error-free Apps submitted by this date and time receive an early review, and will be entered into a $500 Early Bird scholarship drawing.
- March 1, 2015 - 5pm PST: Final deadline for all materials to be submitted to OSAC.
- In the event that a Scholarship Application deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline will automatically be extended to 5:00 p.m. (PST) of the following business day.
Scholarship App timeline:
- Early fall: Begin searching and selecting scholarship opportunities in the OSAC Catalog online. Return often, as new scholarships are always being added.
- First-time applicants: set up your Student Profile and begin the OSAC online Scholarship App.
- Returning applicants: refresh and update your App from the previous year.
- High school juniors may begin a "basic application" by selecting their graduation year in the online App. Juniors cannot submit their App until their year of graduation.
- November/December: The OSAC App may be submitted November through March 1. (Apps may be started and saved before this date, however must be submitted with correct and complete transcripts.)
- Update your required Activites Chart and begin drafting your Personal Statements and scholarship-specific essays.
- January: File your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.ed.gov as soon as possible, beginning January 1. Doing so will ensure you are considered for all scholarships that consider financial need.
- Finalize all areas of your App, including Activities Chart, Personal Statements, and essays.
- February: Submit your Early Bird App for a guaranteed priority review and chance to make corrections, and entry into a $500 scholarship drawing for error-free Apps.
- March 1: Final deadline for App submission.
- April: Begin tracking awarded scholarships - through August.