Become a Volunteer Mentor
As an ASPIRE mentor, you will play a unique role in the life of a student as you help guide and assist them in pursuing education and training beyond high school.
Why should I mentor a student?
- Create an interest in education and training beyond high school
- Improve classroom attendance
- Increase scholastic ability and performance
- Give students hope for their future
What makes a good mentor?
- Being enthusiastic
- Having an interest in working with youth
- Being reliable and consistent
- Following program policies and procedures
How do I become a mentor?
- Complete a Volunteer Interest Form or contact an ASPIRE coordinator directly at a site near you.
- Review ASPIRE Volunteer Position Description.
- Complete ASPIRE Volunteer Application and submit to your ASPIRE coordinator.
- Satisfactorily pass a criminal background check. ASPIRE sites may also conduct personal reference checks and interviews.
- Complete ASPIRE Volunteer Orientation and Training.