Oregon Barber and Hairdresser (B&H) Grant Program
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible, you must:
- be a resident of Oregon
- attend a licensed school of barbering,
hair design, cosmetology, or manicure in Oregon that participates in Federal Title
IV financial aid programs and participates in the Barbers and Hairdressers Grant
- enroll full-time in a program which is at least nine months long or 900 clock hours
- have significant need for financial help
You are NOT eligible if:
- you are in prison
- you will be concurrently enrolled in high school and the beauty or barbering program
- you are in default on any Title IV funds, including Stafford Loans (formerly called
Guaranteed Student Loans)
How Can I Apply?
File the Free Application for Federal
Student Aid (FAFSA). Be sure to list the barber or beauty school you
plan to attend on the FAFSA. There is not a separate application for the B&H
You can apply any time. However, your information must be received by the school
you plan to attend no later than February 1 of the award year.
Participating schools are notified by OSAC each February of the number and amount
of grants available. Your school will notify you if you have been selected to receive
Who Receives B&H Grants, and How Many are Awarded Each Year?
Because of limited funds, only students with a significant need for financial help
receive B&H Grants. The number of B&H Grants depends on interest earned on the B&H
fund. The number of grants awarded each year varies.
How Much is a B&H Grant?
B&H Grants are one-time awards. The award amount varies each year depending
upon interest earned on the B&H fund.