I've Been Awarded Oregon Promise - Now What?
What is the renewal process for current Oregon Promise recipients?
Current Oregon Promise recipients must file a valid 2017-2018 FAFSA or ORSAA by July 14, 2017. You must list your Oregon community college to renew the award. No additional application is required.
However, please remember that your continued eligibility is dependent on the criteria below.
Continued funding for Oregon Promise is subject to Oregon Legislative approval. More information will be available by July 2017.
How do I remain eligible for Oregon Promise?
- Complete First-year Experience as directed by the community college. First-year Experience varies depending on the college. If you have questions, contact your college financial aid office.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress, determined by your community college.
- Maintain at least half-time continuous enrollment (i.e. 6 or more credits) during fall, winter and spring terms.
- Verify your FAFSA information if selected by your college financial aid office. Contact your college financial aid office for questions about this process.
- Have attempted or completed no more than 90 credits.
How much money will I receive?
For full-time students, awards range from $1,000 to $3,397 per year (in 2016-17), minus a $50 co-pay per term. You can view your award amount in the OSAC Student Portal. Your Oregon Promise award amount depends on several factors.
When and how will I receive my award?
Prior to the beginning of the term, OSAC will send funds directly to the Oregon community college where you are enrolled. Your college will apply the funds to your
campus account, minus a $50 co-pay that is deducted from the award each term.
What if I transfer to a different community college?
You can transfer and still use your Oregon Promise award at another community college in Oregon. When you are preparing to transfer, update your current FAFSA or ORSAA to list the new community college. It is also a good idea to contact your new community college's financial aid office to ensure that they have your Oregon Promise award information.
What kind of support is available for Oregon Promise recipients?
The Oregon Promise Student Supports program at OSAC provides assistance to Oregon Promise recipients across the state. Students receive information reminders via email
and text, to help them stay on track with college and career goals, financial aid deadlines, and Oregon Promise requirements. Students may also be matched with an eMentor
who provides additional support to students via email or text. To learn more, contact OPSupport@osac.state.or.us. Oregon
Promise recipients can sign up to be matched with an eMentor at any time by completing this form.
You can also contact your community college to see what kind of support they provide for Oregon Promise recipients.