I've Been Awarded Oregon Promise - Now What?

What is the renewal process for 2016-17 Oregon Promise recipients?

Oregon Promise recipients from 2016-17 must file a valid 2017-2018 FAFSA or ORSAA by July 14, 2017. You must list your Oregon community college to renew the award. No additional application is required.

If your FAFSA is selected for verification, you must complete this process through your college financial aid office. Contact the college financial aid office with questions.

Continuing students from 2016-17 are not subject to income-related criteria for renewal. You must still meet all the below requirements for continued eligibility and renewal of the grant each year. OSAC will notify students of award information in August 2017, via email.


How do I remain eligible for Oregon Promise?

  • You must attend college fall term during each renewal year to retain the award.
  • Complete First-Year Experience as directed by the community college. First-Year Experience varies depending on the college. If you have questions, contact your college financial aid office.
  • Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress, determined by your community college.
  • Maintain at least half-time continuous enrollment (i.e. 6 or more credits) during fall, winter and spring terms.
  • Have attempted or completed no more than 90 credits.
  • Complete any other requirements or requests from your community college.

When and how will I receive my award?

Prior to the beginning of the term, OSAC will send funds directly to the Oregon community college where you are enrolled. Your college will apply the funds to your campus account, minus a $50 co-pay that is deducted from the award each term.

What if I transfer to a different community college?

You can transfer and still use your Oregon Promise award at another community college in Oregon. When you are preparing to transfer, update your current FAFSA or ORSAA to list the new community college. It is also a good idea to contact your new community college's financial aid office to ensure that they have your Oregon Promise award information.