How can I obtain a copy of my transcript?
To compete for OSAC-administered scholarships, all applicants must submit
their high school, GED, or college transcripts. The Ford ReStart scholarship
is the only exception and accepts proof of high school completion
(e.g., copy of high school diploma) in lieu of a high school transcript.
Be sure to submit the correct transcript and review the transcript instructions.
Below are suggestions on how to obtain a copy of your transcript.
If you don't have the required high school transcript:
- Contact your high school. If you graduated many years ago and they cannot
provide a copy to you, ask them where you can obtain one.
- If unsuccessful try the School District Administration Office if the high school
was a public high school.
- Next, try the Department of Education in the state where you attended high school.
- If all else fails, try the Educational Service District (ESD) for the county where
you attended high school. This may be called something else outside of Oregon.
If you don't have the required GED transcript:
- The State of Oregon no longer holds GED information in their offices. To obtain any GED information, visit the Oregon GED Program Website and choose "Request Records" from the top banner. Follow the record request that best matches your need.
- Contact the Department of Education in the state where you received your GED if
not in Oregon.
If you don't have the required college transcript:
- Contact the college or school you attended. If your records are on hold because
you owe them money or some other reason, you will need to make arrangements with
them to release your records. OSAC cannot do this on your behalf.
- If you attended an Oregon college that has closed, click here. If the closed college was outside of Oregon, contact OSAC.
- If you are unable to locate your college on the website then contact the Higher Education Coordinating Commission, 503-947-5716, or email@example.com. The State of Oregon only maintains transcripts for colleges up to 25 years after the closure.
- If the closed college was outside of Oregon then contact the state agency overseeing the institution in the state the college was located. If you have difficulty doing this, please contact the Higher Education Coordinating Commission for assistance: 503-947-5716.